Sunday, November 18, 2012

Sample Society November

Sample Society  continues to be one of my favorite sub services. Last month was a little blah this month though I'm pretty happy. They have also started to slightly customize loosely based on complexion/hair color. So while everyone got the same lipstick sample, there were different colors sent out. I personally like that everyone gets the same samples with only color variations. That is also why I try to avoid spoilers. I really enjoy being surprised when I open my box. Anyhoo, on to November's box.

November 2012 Sample Society
November Sample Society
  • Dermalogica Precleanse Deluxe Sample 1 fl oz (Full Size Retail 5.1 fl oz $35)  A double cleansing regimen that begins with PreCleanse, is a plant-based cleanser that thoroughly melts layers of excess sebum, sunscreen, makeup, environmental pollutants and residual skin products that build up during the day. Then, when water is added, this hyrophilic formula transforms into a milky emulsion that easily rinses away oil-based debris from the skin's surface. This gentle blend can also be used around the eye area to remove even the most stubborn waterproof mascara. I haven't tried it on mascara yet but I do like this cleanser. It does well at cutting through a full face of makeup. I don't know that it's a product I'd reach for every day.. Most days I only wear some BB and blush so I think it would be a bit overkill. I do like it though. Of course, I have yet to meet a Dermalogica product I didn't like.
  • Alterna Bamboo Smooth Kendi Dry Oil Mist Deluxe Sample 1 fl oz (Full Size Retail 4.2 fl oz $24) Use as both a Treatment & Style Primer.  Infuses hair with nutrients & anti-oxidants. Strengthens hair.  Protects Color with Color Hold® Technology.  Prevents frizz and extends the life of your smooth blowout with built-in humidity resistance.  Enhances shine. Good for you Beauty: Both highly sustainable ingredients are Fair-Trade compliant & Certified Organic. Their production & sale aids in supporting the development of local communities.  All products contain ingredients grown responsibly & ethically traded; FREE OF sulfates, parabens, gluten, TEA phthalates. I actually wasn't excited about this product until I read it's blurb. I haven't used this yet but I will definitely try to work it in this week. I usually don't use much in the way of hair products because I rarely style or iron my hair. Give me a hair oil any day though and I'm happy girl.
  • Diptyque Volutes Eau de Toilette Deluxe Sample perfume vial .06 fl oz (Full Size Retail 3.4 fl oz $120) Blond, honeyed Egyptian tobacco transports you to mysterious horizons and far-off shore. Iris strengthens it, spices give it body, and styrax imposes a daring and distinguished leathery note. Based on the description, it sounds like I'd like it. However, on me, I just get too much of a powder smell. booo. This is the second Diptyque perfume Sample Society has sent out and I haven't like either one. 
  • L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream Deluxe Sample .03 oz (Full Size Retail $28) Shea butter, honey and sweet almond extract are smoothing. Jasmine and ylang-ylang essences offer a delicate scent. Vitamin E helps nourish and protect. I've been wanting to try this for a long time so I was very excited to open my box and see the silver tube. This is a hugely popular hand cream. I have to admit that I probably neglect my hands as far as moisture and sun protection. I I like the feel of this hand cream however I'm not quite sold on the fragrance. Still undecided on this one. 
  • diego dalla palma Classic Lipstick Deluxe Sample-29. Pink Satin (Full Size Retail $34) Wax coated pigments offer pure and true color while film-forming polymers provide immediate adherence and staying power. Ginseng extracts fight wrinkles and increase lips' firmness, and vitamins C and E put antioxidants and anti-aging properties to work. I liked the formula of this lipstick a lot. It is creamy and long lasting like they claim. Shade 29 is a light pink color that I normally wouldn't choose for myself. However, it looks alright. If I were going to buy one of these I'd definitely choose a different shade.
So overall I like this month's Sample Society box. I thought they were able to get these boxes out without too much delay from Super Storm Sandy. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...