- Jane Iredale Tantasia Self Tanner Deluxe Sample (Full Size Retail 4.2 oz $36) Bronzer provides instant, healthy-looking color. Builds a gradual, natural looking tan within three days, for optimum control and customization. Fresh citrus fragrance. Streak-free formula. Sensitivity tested for use on face and body. Provides natural hydration to the skin. I won't repeat my rant about self tanners. If you missed it the first time, you can find it here. I will say that I find getting a self tanner this late in the season is a bit odd. Granted it's a perfect 80 degrees and sunny with a nice breeze here in Las Vegas. I actually have my windows open. So still being naturally tan is not out of the realm of possibility. This is not true of most of the country.
- Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment Deluxe Sample .25 fl oz (Full Size Retail 2oz $85) Combats acne and blackheads. Reduces discoloration and polishes skin. All skin types, except sensitive skin. This expert formula harnesses the power of fruit enzymes to clarify skin by removing dead cells and eliminating bacteria. Rosewood and cinnamon extracts work to reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles while aloe vera, honey and Vitamin E smooth and soften skin. Salicylic acid balances hydration, without over-drying the skin. This is one of the products that I'm going to keep and try. Who doesn't love a good exfoliator? However, at $85 for the full size, it's doubtful I'll love it enough to replace my beloved Ren mask. I also have a Clarisonic Mia that I should use more often.
- Erno Laszlo Phormula 3-9 Balm Deluxe Sample .10 fl oz. (Full Size Retail 1.7 fl oz. $245) Rich Repairative Moisturizer Smooth scars, wounds, burns, and dry skin with this intensive. nourishing balm. Dryness, redness and puffiness are effectively treated beneath the balm's protective Health Dome. Skin is strengthened while irritation is reduced. Rich, anti-bacterial tropical Tamanu Oil boosts skin health and promotes rapid healing. Dromiceius Oil restores the skin's moisture barrier and stimulates skin cell renewal. Yeast Extract improves skin cell respiration. Marine-based Glycosaminoglycans promote collagen production for greater smoothness and elasticity. I have a little acne scaring and a few spots that could use some love. Strivectin SD has worked fairly well so far. I'll give this sample a try. This is something I definitely will not be purchasing. It would have be to a-Freaking_mazing at that price. That's most of a new belly dance costume!
- Aromachology Clean & Fresh Fresh Eau de Parfum Deluxe Sample (Full Size Retail $100) Like a bright, sunny Saturday, Aromachology Clean & Fresh Eau de Parfum is comfortable and carefree. This fresh fragrance includes notes of white tea, bergamot, green tea, cardamom, lemon balm and precious woods. Some people have described this as smelling like dryer sheets. It reminded me of soap. I think Irish Spring but I haven't actually smelled that in years. I still like getting perfume samples. Every now and then I find something I love. I'm looking at you Bond #9.
- Oscar Blandi Pronto Wet Shampoo Deluxe Sample 1.7 fl oz. (Full Size Retail 8.4 fl oz $24) In combination with Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo, Pronto Wet is designed for every-other-day use. Keep your coif calendar streamlined with this time-saving routine. Purifies hair with natural botanicals. Removes build-up and boosts volume. Scented with a Lemon verbena fragrance. Enjoy the perfect cleanser for your full-wash days – as well as the healthy, full hair you deserve. Grape seed oil and Olive oil add moisture. Hydrolyzed Wheat protein helps restructure hair. Silk amino acids help to repair and strengthen hair. AquaFlex technology, a special polymer that coats the hair, provides instant volume. My hair stylist makes a pretty penny every few months thinning out my hair. The floor looks like she's shaved a yeti when it's done and then I still have plenty of hair left. It gets even bigger after I wash it. So volumizing shampoo is almost up there with self tanner for me... almost. I'm waffling on whether or not to just try it or to trade it. I also prefer to try both shampoo and conditioner together.
- Herban Essentials Lavendar Towelette Extra. Foil pack 1 x towelette (Full Size Retail 20x $16) Herban Essentials essential oil towelettes are made with the highest quality pure essential oil, which not only makes them smell amazing, but makes them naturally antibacterial and antiseptic as well. The most common use for the towelettes is to cleanse the hands and kill germs, but there are millions of ways to use these wonderful wipes! Toss them in your purse, backpack, briefcase, car, wallet, or gym bag to enjoy their germ-killing, mood-lifting, fabulousness everywhere you go! I haven't tried this yet. I'm not opposed to lavender scented products. I like the idea of these. Other varieties include: Eucalyptus, Peppermint, and Lemon. There are also towlettes gear for Yoga (hands, feet, and mat) and for contact with pets (interesting).
Sunday, October 14, 2012
October Sample Society
I know I'm a bit behind on this one. I always get my Sample Society box a week after everyone else it seems and it's been crazy busy at work. I normally photograph my box right after I open but this time it sat on my counter for a week. Overall, this is probably my least favorite Sample Society box to date. I'll only be keeping two of the five main items. The rest are going up for trade.
So not the best Sample Society box ever. I don't hate it. I'm just not excited about it. Sample Society is still my favorite. I've been cracking down on subs lately. Birchbox has been cancelled and I skipped Beauty Army and Little Black Bag this month. Partly I think I'm getting seriously sampled out. They're all over my house! On my desk, on the counter, in the bathroom. The other part is really trying to spend less and save more.
October Sample Society
fragrance|hair care|Jane Iredale|Oscar Blandi|Sample Society|skincare|subscription|subscription service|