- Philosophy Living Grace Gel Deluxe Sample 1 fl oz. (Full size Retail $22 16 oz) Living grace shampoo, bath & shower gel is a 3-in-1 formula that gently cleanses and conditions skin and hair, while inspiring you to live in the present moment. embrace the beauty of living in the present moment as you lather with living grace shampoo, bath & shower gel. this 3-in-1 multitasking formula gently cleanses, conditions and softens skin and hair, while providing a rich, foaming lather for a luxurious shower or bath experience. No Shampoo or shower gel has ever inspired me to live in the moment. Who writes this stuff? I couldn't even bring myself to post the full description it's so ridiculous. I've gotten this before in the QVC Test Tube. It's ok but is definitely not inspiring. With sodium laureate sulfate as the second ingredient this stuff isn't going anywhere near my hair.
- Vapour Organic Beauty Elixir Lip Gloss in Sultry Full Size (Retail Value $20) A healthy high-performance lip gloss in sheer wearable colors. Enhance your natural lip color with five sheer shades. Never sticky or tacky, Elixir delivers superior body and shine. Your lips will instantly feel moisturized and refreshed. Elixir's pure plant ingredients are vacuum processed, without chemicals, to produce a superior lip gloss. Wear alone or layer over Vapour's Siren lipstick. Elixir is made with 70% Certified Organic ingredients and 30% natural mineral pigments & vitamins. Elixir contains Vapour's lip specific botanical infusion of hydrating Myrrh, healing Lemon Balm, antioxidant Green Tea and anti-microbial Iceland Moss. Gluten & Cruelty Free. Sultry is definitely close to my natural lip color but gives a little extra pigment and shine. The formula is smooth and hydrating. I really like the formula. It smells like Now & Laters but other than I really like this.
- Hanskin Premium Perfect Super Magic BB Cream SPF30 PA++ Deluxe Sample .33 oz (Full Size Retail $33 1.5 oz) The Premium Perfect Super Magic BB Cream provides coverage, anti-aging protection, sun protection, and cell renewal, all in one tube. The ultimate must-have one-step makeup solution, espeically for those on the go. Contains vegetable extracts for healthy and long-lasting coverage. Evens skin tone by completely covering skin blemishes, freckles, pores, and fine lines. Promotes cell renewal from hyaluronic acid and Vitamin E. Moisturizes the skin while providing coverage. Protects against sun damage, SPF 30 PA++. Comes in one versatileshade that blends in with the skin and will fit most skin tones between light and fairly light. I tend to be a BB snob. If it's not Korean it's crap kinda snob. I'm a huge fan of Skin79 and Holika Holika. I use my Holika Holika almost every day. So I was interested in trying this out..and it's love. The formula is a little thicker than Holika but it provides slightly better coverage. I also like that it dries to a more matte finish. I usually set my Holika with powder because it's quite dewy. Not much in the way of shade range..light to fairly light. Luckily I fall into that category though. I wore this yesterday to dance rehearsal and one of the ladies commented on how great my skin looked. This sample is definitely large enough to last awhile. I might be tempted to buy the full size.
- Delaney Wellness Rejuvenating Eye Cream Deluxe Sample .33 fl oz (Full Size Retail $135 1.3 fl oz) Delaney Wellness Beauty Reserve Rejuvenating Eye Creme helps to tighten, firm and brighten the skin around and under the eyes while minimizing the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, puffiness and dark circles.Proprietary extract utilizing grape seeds, skins and stems derived directly from Delaney Vineyards is used as the base in all of Delaney Wellness Skin Care Products. Minimizes the appearance of lines and wrinkles. Not tested on animals. I don't have much in the way of lines or puffiness around my eyes, it's all about the dark circles. I think this relies more on the sparkly bits to lighten than to actually treat dark circles. I had to quit testing this because my skin broke out on both my eyes just at the corners. I've never had a weird reaction to an eye cream before.
- Murad Age Reform Time Release Retinol Concentrate for Deep Wrinkles Deluxe Sample .1 fl oz (Full Size Retail $65 .5 fl oz) Murad's breakthrough Time Release Retinol Concentrate for Deep Wrinkles features a highly concentrated formula that resurfaces skin, minimizing the length and depth of wrinkles. The luxe multi-action formula also plumps skin to decrease wrinkle volume, while rebuilding damaged collagen to promote a smoother, more refined, younger-looking complexion. I only have some faint lines on my forehead that I'm trying to keep from getting any worse. The packaging on this says that you should see results in six weeks. I've only been using this for about a week. So I don't notice a difference yet. I really like how the applicator is flat so you can really get into your wrinkles. Jury is still out on this one.
- Hanskin Super Plus Perfect BB Cream SPF37 PA++ Bright (30g) SS Foil Packet Extra. I haven't used this yet but if it's like the other Hanskin BB, I'll probably love it.
Monday, December 24, 2012
Sample Society is still my favorite subscription service. I would have preferred the Murad and a hair care product or the Delaney and something else just for a little variety though.
Sunday, December 23, 2012
What Bat an Eyelash posting a NOTD?! Has she well...gone batty? Not quite just yet. I've said a few times that I'm not all that into nail polish or nail art. I may put something colorful and fun on my toes but my fingernails are usually a neutral color. Every now and then I might get crazy and try my hand at French tips.Typically, the only time there is color on my fingernails is when I'm going to perform. But it's the holidays so I wanted to jazz it up a bit. Enter China Glaze Ruby Pumps.
I think I saw this color first on Temptalia and I had to have it. It's been sitting in my collection for a few months but last night I decided I needed to paint my nails something new. I am in LOVE with this color. It's a cool toned red with sparkle.I kept staring at my nails after I was done because I love this color so much.
What's your favorite holiday nail polish?
Friday, December 21, 2012
Last week I sat in stunned silence with the rest of the country. Now that the shock has worn off, I feel the need to act. I still feel pretty helpless but there are ways you can show your support to the families and victims.
United Way of Western Connecticut
This list provides charity and donation information for the individual victims and their families.
Newton Angels Bracelets
Wednesday, December 19, 2012
This is my second month being resubscribed to Ipsy. Overall I liked this month but I wasn't amazed.
|December 2012 Ipsy Bag|
- Mirabella Be a Bombshell Lip Gloss in Hot Mess This looks more orange in the tube than it actually applies. I haven' tried to wear it yet.
- Mai Couture Highlighting Papers I just think these are weird. I can't ever see myself really using them.
- NYX Loose Pearl Shadow in Sky Pink Pearl I love NYX products and I actually have a Loose Shadow already in a blue. I was hoping for silver. I wasn't really thrilled to see pink but this is definitely a workable pink for a neutral look. It's not like a bubblegum pink.
- Mirabella Primer for Face and Eyes I'm always up to try out a new primer.
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Zero I already have one of these from the set of mini eyeliners I bought on Hautelook a while back. So I was hoping we'd get different colors.
Sunday, December 16, 2012
Around Thanksgiving e.l.f had a 50% of sale. You had to spend $20 or $25 to qualify which is a pretty decent sized haul of e.l.f products. I needed a new bottle of the Mist & Set and the Lip Exfoliator was finally back in stock so I went in search of what else I could through in my cart. Admittedly, e.l.f. products are hit or miss but at half off their already low prices, I'm willing to take some risks.
- Beauty Wedges Price
$1.00$0.50 You can always use more sponges right?
- HD Blush in Headliner Price
$3.00$1.50 I'm a fan of cream blushes. I've never tried a straight up liquid blush before. I was intrigued.
- Cuticle Pushers Price
$1.00$0.50 I've been trying to pay more attention to how my cuticles look lately.
- Brush Shampoo Price
$3.00$1.50 I'm almost out of my MAC brush cleaner. I have the e.l.f. Daily Brush Cleaner which I kinda like so I figured I'd give this a try.
- Maximum Coverage Concealer - Oil Free in Porcelain Price
$3.00$1.50 I've been really interested in finding the perfect concealer lately.
- Makeup Mist & Set Price
$3.00$1.50 I've been using this for almost a year now and love it. I notice a difference when I don't use it.
- Lip Exfoliator Price
$3.00$1.50 I've been dying to try this but it was always out of stock. I was so excited when I got an email letting me know it was back in stock. I just gave this a test drive and I love it. Full review to come.
- Moisturizing Lip Tint SPF 8 in Berry Price
$3.00$1.50 I have this in Rose and I really like it. Good pigmentation. Long lasting. I hope this one follows suit.
- Matte Lip Color in Rich Red Price
$3.00$1.50 I'm forever on the search for the perfect matte red.
Wednesday, December 12, 2012
I took advantage of some holiday sales but didn't go too crazy. I also have upcoming MUA and e.l.f. hauls to post but first my latest Sephora and Ulta hauls. I fell in love with the L'Occitane hand cream from November's Sample Society Box so I wanted to try more. L'Occitane has a holiday set featuring 1 oz tubes of five of their hand creams. They are Lavande, Pivoine Flora, Classic Shea Butter, Fleur Cherie, and Cherry Blossom. Unfortunately it was sold out a BeautyBar.com. So I picked it up from Sephora (where it is also now sold out). These retail indiviually for $10. I picked up the set for $40 and I believe I got 8% cash back from Ebates.
|L'Occitane Hand Cream Confections Set|
Ulta was still doing a buy one get one 50% on Real Techniques brushes so I took advantage of that. I picked up the Expert Face Brush and the Stippling brush. I also decided to try a new moisturizer and eye cream. I'm not really loyal to any particular moisturizer and I still haven't found my HG eye cream yet. I like the Eucerin so far but haven't been impressed with the Neutrogena eye cream.
|Ulta Holiday 2012 Haul|
My Ulta order also contained several items for my Mom but I won't post them on the off chance that she reads this. There was a mix of makeup and skincare products for her. I also scored cash back from Ebates for my Ulta purchase.
Overall, I managed to rein myself in a bit. I'm really trying not to go crazy with my spending lately. I managed to stay mostly on budget as far as gift buying is concerned and only bought a few things for myself. YAY.
What were some of your holiday hauls?