I'm going to go ahead and post my last two boxes. I absolutely hate the March box.
|March 2013 Sample Society|
- Murad Essential-C Day Moisture SPF 30 Shield and restore environmentally stressed skin with this powerful, antioxidant-rich daytime moisturizer, which contains SPF 30 to block the UVA/UVB rays that cause sun damage and free radical damage. This is probably the one product I'll use the most. Murad always puts out quality products and I still haven't found my HG daily moisturizer.
- LashFood Nano-Peptide Natural Eyelash Conditioner This powerful breakthrough formula is clinically demonstrated to provide the appearance of longer, thicker, lashes and to transform frail and brittle lashes to become healthy and strong. Enjoy visibly different, stunning lashes in 3 to 6 weeks. I'm pretty happy with my natural lashes. I don't feel the need to treat them or get extensions I may or may not try this. I haven't decided yet.
- Ouidad Moisture Lock Leave In Conditioner Ouidad's Moisture Lock seals in lightweight moisture and keeps the hair shaft hydrated. It creates a moisture foundation by infusing individual strands with conditioning proteins vital to healthy hair and great looking curls. Botanical extracts promote long-lasting hydration and help seal the cuticle layer to prevent frizz and encourage healthier hair and scalp. This sounds like a good conditioner for my naturally wavy hair. It doesn't say if it's safe for color treated hair though so I'm a bit hesitant. The matching shampoo would have been nice.
- Butter London 3 Free Nail Lacquer in Cheeky Chops Butter London makes high quality polishes. But this color? Seriously!?
- Hollywood Fashion Tape This is another WTF sample. I don't really need fashion tape. I have this to make sure my clothing fits properly and stays in place.
While I didn't hate the February box, it didn't excite me either. There was really only one sample I got any use out of.
|February Sample Society|
- Oscar Blandi Hair Lift Mousse Plump up. Hair Lift Mousse instantly gives any hair type a thicker, fuller, more youthful appearance. Considering I have naturally thick hair that I pay good money to have thinned out and still have more hair than the average person, I have no use for this product.
- Diptyque February Fragrance Sample in Oyedo Oh look another Diptyque sample. I received samples of this brand in my September and November boxes. I've hated all three. When I contacted customer service about my frustration with the multiples and the new boxes in general, they gave me a very generous credit which I think I'll use to buy more L'Occitane products.
- LaRocca Skincare Hibiscus Cream Cleanser with AHA This gentle cleanser helps melt away impurities without risking over drying. Delicate hibiscus flower, rich in AHA, Vitamin A and C, has been shown to help skin structure and sebum production, maintaining skins elasticity. This is one of the smallest samples I've ever received from Sample Society. I'd expect this from Birchbox but not Sample Society. I could barely get enough out to use.
- Immunocologie VenoMax Immunocologie Treatment Crème VenoMax is formulated to help smooth fine lines and wrinkles and is ideal for day and night use. Offering protection against chronic inflammation, this rich, luxurious treatment brightens the complexion as it evens skin tone and helps reverse past sun damage. Very generously sized. I've been using this for nearly a month. It doesn't knock my socks off though and has a weird smell. I'm meh about it.
- Exude Lipstick Creme in Bronze The moisturizing formula of Exude's lip creme is enhanced with a light, minty scent. The creamy gel texture leaves a rich finish that's the result of a combination of vitamins C and E. Yep BRONZE. Ya know because bronze works so well for fair skinned cool toned ladies. It actually doesn't look as awful as I thought but it's more metallic than I like. What's up with companies putting mint in lip products. I just don't get that.