Saturday, September 29, 2012

September Sample Society


It's been box mania around here. Normally I try to post these earlier but I've been too busy to really use most of my samples. I like to at least try things once before putting in my 2 cents. So on to this month's Sample Society.

September 2012 Sample Society


  • CellCeuticals Extremely Gentle Cleanser Deluxe Sample 2 oz  (Full Size Retail $35) Ideal for even the most sensitive skin, CellCeuticals Extremely Gentle Cleanser removes impurities and makeup without drying out the skin. This daily cleanser hydrates the skin and leaves it feeling supple as it removes facial and eye makeup. I wasn't expecting this to have such a thin texture so I got more out than I had bargained for. This is a very gentle cleanser. I like it so far. I have tons of sample cleansers to work through though.
  • Borghese B Gloss Deluxe Sample .16 oz in Fiore (Full Size Retail .21 oz $18.50) Borghese B Gloss Lip Gloss is a lush, glossy color that accentuates lips and provides high-shine looks. Moisturizers deliver a soothing treat while high style pigments add luminosity. Has a long-wearing formula. Vitamins A and E deliver moisture. Avocado oil, jojoba oil and aloe vera soothe lips. The color I received is very close to my natural lip color with just a little shine. It's nice and subtle. Wear time was pretty good but it comes at a cost. This lip gloss is very sticky feeling. I really don't care for glosses that are really sticky. I'd rather reapply more often.
borghese b gloss swatch fiore

  • Diptyque Vetyverio Eau de Toilette Sample Vial .06(Full Size Retail 1.7 oz $88) Made for both women and men, the Diptyque Eaux de Toilette use the finest raw materials. Vetyverio is in Diptyque's Woody Family. Has the essence of forest vegetation. I normally like the more uni-sex fragrances since I'm not really into girly florals. I don't care for this one. I may give it another try though. My first experiment with it made it smell really strong.
  • Stila Cosmetics Smudge Crayon Waterproof Primer + Shadow + Liner in Umber Deluxe Sample (Full Size Retail $22) Stila Smudge Crayon Waterproof Eye Primer + Shadow + Liner Dazzle is a 3-in-1 gel-based product that glides on with ease and stays in place until you say when. This creamy, multi-pearl formula is infused with emollients for a smooth, comfortable application. Stila Smudge Crayon Waterproof Eye Primer + Shadow + Line Dazzle also provides rich, bold color for more than 6 hours of continuous wear that won't crease over time. The best part: There's a pull-out sharpener conveniently hidden in the base so your product can be ôon pointo no matter where you are. I haven't had a chance to use this yet either except to try to swatch it. I love this color and think it can go well with some of the colors from MUA's Heaven & Earth palette.

Stila Cosmetics Smudge Crayon Waterproof Primer + Shadow + Liner in Umber



  • Ahava Purifying Mud Mask Deluxe Sample .9 oz (Full Size Retail 4.4 oz $30) Apply this unique mineral mud mask once or twice a week. It contains purifying and softening qualities, clears skin of excess oils, roots out the grime and blackheads, and prevents the formation of blemishes. This is the only product I haven't had a chance to use yet. I'm hoping to get to it this week. I don't do a lot of masks other than my weekly Ren mask. So this will be a nice change of pace.
Sample Society continues to be my favorite box. I like that it's balanced and sends out brands I wouldn't normally try on my own.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...