- Vastanti Brighten Up! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator 20g deluxe sample (Full Size Retail $ 34)Vasanti’s multi-action exfoliator includes both enzymes and micro crystals, plus healing natural ingredients. The result? Renewed, decongested skin without any redness. Wow that's a name! I thought my skin looked brighter after using this but I don't really care for the gritty texture. I'll probably finish up the tube at some point but I don't see myself buying this.
- Fekkai Technician Color Care Shampoo & Conditioner Foil packs (Full Size Retail $28 8oz) Plant-based proteins keep color-treated looks looking true-to-hue, while moisture-restoring avocado oil hydrates dry, brittle strands. A potent blend of peach, apricot, and callendula flower extracts helps protect hair from discoloration and fading. Foil packs for shampoo are really hard to open in the shower. grr. I have actually been using this shampoo conditioner for the last month or so. I actually bought a sample kit after I fell in love with the Fekkai Gloss in my March Sample Society (that sample was a true deluxe size. I'm still using it after all these months and I use it regularly). I like this formula but I don't know if I like it enough to fork over $28 a bottle.
- Twistband Hair Tie 1 full size (Full Size Retail $18 12ct) Each Twistband is made of high-quality elastic that keeps braids, buns, and ponytails secured. Because they’re thicker than regular hair ties, they don’t leave crimps in hair. Well that sounds nice and these may actually work if you have a normal amount of hair. Even after getting mine thinned out, I have a LOT of hair. I could only wrap this around my hair twice. Instead of a perky and cute ponytail, I got limp and sad. Some ladies mentioned that their cats loved these. Mia is just about as interested in it as am. Not to mention this is pink. I don't a single article of clothing or accessory that is pink and I'd like to keep it that way.
- Birchbox & Color Club Custom Collection Insta This! Deluxe Sample (Full Size Retail $8) We designed this share-worthy custom collection with Color Club for all the social media addicts out there. You’ll be inspired to tweet, pin, tag, and post these four gorgeous shades with your followers. The only thing I feel inspired to Instagram about this is a big sad face. Every time Birchbox gets a new batch of Color Club polishes, I get one. I'm really not that interested in nail polish and this color just is not something I see myself wearing. To the trade list it goes.
- Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse Beauty Balm SPF 25+ 3ml Deluxe Sample (Full Size Retail $32 25ml) A moisturizer, sunscreen, and treatment serum all-in-one, this tinted BB cream even helps hide imperfections—so there’s no need for foundation or cover-up. These have been making the Birchbox rounds for a few months as well. When they first started appearing, subscribers were getting near empty tubes. Mine was about three quarters full which is a decent amount for trying this out. I love Korean BBs. I wear my Holika Holika nearly everyday. I've also tried and really liked Skin79. I wasn't really into this one. The coverage wasn't as great as some of the other BBs I've tried. The color is just ever so slightly too dark. Normal people (non makeup obsessed) would probably not even notice but I do and it kinda bothers me.
- The Brush Guard Variety Pack Lifestyle extra 3ct (Full Size $5.50 4ct) The cross-stitched plastic guard holds the shape of a makeup brush. It also protects it from dust and dirt. And the snug fit keeps all our favorite tools safe. Try the ¼” for your shadow or liner brushes, and the ⅖” size for blush accents. We like the ¾” guard for foundation brushes, and the 1” for powder or Kabuki brushes to keep your all-over application tools extra clean. I actually haven't tried these out yet. It seems like a good idea though. I can't see myself actually spending money on these though. Usually when I travel with my brushes, I put them in a case by themselves so they're already protected.
Sunday, September 16, 2012
If you've been reading my blog the last few months, you know that I've had a pretty tumultuous relationship with Birchbox. I finally decided that this month would be the month that would decide if we were going to break up or stay together.
There was also a digital download for some Tristan Prettyman tracks. Pretty cool if you're into that kind of music. I listened to the previews and decided it wasn't worth the space on my hard drive.
Birchbox teamed up with Madewell clothing and put together a little fall fashion guide. I don't take pains to be on trend every season. I like what I like and that's that. They included a $25 "gift card" (good on purchases of $75 or more) to redeem at Madewell. To me their clothing was a little pricey and boring. They also only carry up to a size 12. I can sometimes where a 12 on my top half but no way on the bottom half. My code is up for grabs if anyone wants it just leave me a message.
So what's the final verdict?! This is definitely a better box than last month. There are some products I like but it's too little too late. This will be my last Birchbox for awhile. I'm consistently happy with Sample Society and I've liked my last two Beauty Army kits. Sure it's only $10 a month but that adds up and I'd rather save my money or buy a few products I really like instead.
Asian BB|Birchbox|blemish balm|Fekkai|hair care|nail polish|subscription|subscription service|