Sunday, September 23, 2012

September Beauty Army

September marked my second month with Beauty Army. Beauty Army is a montly subscription service that allows you to choose your own samples and you can skip a month if you want. Yay. I really enjoyed my first box last month so I was really excited for my window to open up this month. I have seven items this month since one of mine leaked last month.



  • Emani Foundation Primer & Serum (Full Size Retail .84 oz $28) Velvety in texture, it absorbs excess oils and minimizes the appearance of pores. Hydrating Primer Serum contains 10 different organic extracts to aid and prep your skin for an ultimate foundation application. It deeply nourishes, moisturizes, and softens the skin, creating a soft, luminous effect. I'm always up for trying out new primers. 
  • Bath & Body Works Shower Gel in Japanese Cherry Blossom (Full Size Retail 10 oz $11) Bath & Body Works' exclusive formula is now enriched with Shea Butter for softer, cleaner skin in their bubbliest lather ever! Moisturizing Aloe Vera and skin-loving Vitamin E combine with our exclusive, award-winning Japanese Cherry Blossom for lather that bursts with fragrance! Japanese Cherry Blossom is a seductive and mysterious floral scent. Top Notes: Asian Pear, Fuji Apple and Ume Plum. Mid Notes: Japanese Cherry Blossom, Butterfly Lily, Kyoto Rose, Mimosa Petals. I really enjoyed the version of this I got last month in Twilight Woods. That is definitely a more masculine woody scent which is right up my alley. This is definitely a floral. It's almost too light and girly for me. Given the choice I'd pick Twilight Woods.
  • SUNTEGRITY BB Cream SPF30 in Light (Full Size Retail 1.7 oz $45) An all in one, natural Beauty Benefit cream that treats, hydrates, protects, primes and covers the skin. Supercharged with youth promoting antioxidants that fight free radical damage, this cream also provides mineral Broad Spectrum SPF 30 coverage. Red algae and Certified Organic: aloe vera, jojoba, sunflower, pomegranate, cucumber, and green tea provide the face with additional sun defense and hydration. Non-nano sized zinc-oxide protects the skin while providing anti-inflammatory properties that help with rosacea, acne, and melasma. Carefully made for all skin types. Vegan and Cruelty Free (PETA & Leaping Bunny Cert.).  I love true BBs. This seems a bit pricey. I swatched this on my arm before slathering it all over my face. Too yellow! booo. To the trade piles.
  • Egyptian Magic All Purpose Skin Cream (Full Size Retail 4 oz $37.20) This miraculous all-purpose formula will amaze you. This non-greasy blend of all natural ingredients serves an astounding variety of purposes. Use it on your face as a night moisturizer and eye cream. Apply as a split end mending hair conditioner and defrizzer. Try it as a lip balm and as a healing nail and cuticle conditioner. May be used to smooth rough areas and treat conditions like eczema, psoriasis and atopic dermatitis. Egyptain Magic All Purpose Skin Cream has antibacterial properties and contains no toxins, making it a perfect stretch mark prevention cream for use during pregnancy. May also be used to soothe redness, fade scars, and even heal blemishes. I've read a lot about this lately and was excited to get the opportunity to try it out. I'm a bit hesitant to use this. I have a pretty small sample and if it's as amazing as people say it is, I'll want more more more! I'm not on a strict no buy again but I've definitely been weighing need v. want a lot lately. 
  • LIPSI COSMETICS Aphrodite Power (Full Size Retail .74 oz $20) This fine finishing powder is designed to absorb the excess oil, allowing your skin to glow. Aphrodite Power sets makeup and absorbs shine while keeping your cosmetics fresh and natural all day long. This powder suits all skin types and tones. I'm a powder girl. I always set my BB or foundation with powder. I have combination skin and find that powdering really helps. The sample is a bit small and I can't seem to get a decent amount out. I can't imagine trying to do my whole face. So I used it in targeted areas like under my eyes to keep my mascara from smudging.
  •  NAILTIQUES  Formula 2 (Full Size retail .25 fl oz $9.50) Formula 2 is a treatment for soft, peeling, bitten, weak or thin nails. The salon-tested formulation offers a special combination of ingredients, including hydrolyzed keratin and protein in combination with gelatin and calcium to build a healthy nail foundation. The protein formula bonds the nail layers together building a strong nail foundation resistant to peeling, chipping and splitting. My nails aren't in the best of shape. I don't really invest a lot of time into making them look nice and healthy. I worked with my hands for some many years that they always looked torn up anyhoo. So it's taken me a bit of time to get into the habit of taking care of my nails and cuticles. I'm hoping this builds up my nails some. Hopefully, I can remember to apply it daily. Two days in and I do see a difference.
  • Delizioso Skincare Mangosteen & Acai Super Anti-Aging Facial Cream Deluxe Sample (Full Size Retail 1 oz $58) 100% Natural Mangosteen & Acai extracts along with Alpha Hydroxy Acids use a potent anti-aging system of antioxidants to perfect dull skin. Organic oils nourish while aloe and pure juices of cucumber and blueberry rehydrate. As you apply the moisturizer Vita Burst Beads infused with a potent dose of Vitamin E, Acai, and Mangosteen pop and start to act immediately. This technology helps keep the potent ingredients at their very peak of action. This was my bonus sample. I could have gotten something else but I wasn't thinking fast on my feet when she asked me if I wanted this sample again or something else. I loved this last month though and used what was left in the jar up completely. I would consider buying this product. 
Overall, I'm still really happy with Beauty Army. Taking the profile test over and over can be a pain but I've been happy with the samples I've ended up with.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...