- Fekkai Advanced Glossing Cream Deluxe Sample (Full size retail $22.50) Having the kind of hair that makes heads turn ranks high on your list of must-haves. The kind that is actually as soft, smooth and supple as it looks. With Fekkai Advanced's Brilliant Glossing Cream and its tress-perfecting properties, you'll have hair that's the envy of everyone. This can be used on damp or dry hair. You only need small amount of product. I really like this glossing cream. This sample will last me awhile.
- Ren Glycolactic Skin Renewal Peel Mask Deluxe Sample (Full size retail $55) Ren Glycolactic Skin Renewal Peel Mask peels away skin impurities to reveal a healthy and beautiful skin. It prevents blackheads and blemishes and energizes your skin to make it appear smooth and luminous.Removes dead cells. Combats fine lines and wrinkles. Makes skin healthy and radiant. This bio active peel mask works to reduce blackheads, fine lines, congestion and scarring to reveal improved skin tone. Use once a week and leave on for ten minutes. I'm in love with this mask! My skin looks so clear and radiant after using this. I barely wore any foundation this week. It has a slight citrus scent and a thick texture.
- Skyn Iceland Icelandic Relief Eye Pen Full Size (Retail Value $20) Icelandic relief eye cream's lightweight yet powerful formula, in a portable pen, delivers immediate relief to delicate under-eye skin that's most vulnerable to the effects of stress. The look of puffiness and dark circles is minimized while fine lines appear softer. The result? Your eye area is brightened for a refreshed and wide-awake look. I've been using this morning and night and I just can't decide if it's doing anything for me. I don't have much under eye puffiness but I do have some dark circles. My circles haven't been that bad lately in general. I think it does help some. Not sure if I'm completely sold on it.
- Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant Deluxe Sample (Full size retail $ 40) Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant is a unique rice-based formula that activates when in contact with water. It makes skin brighter and smother and can also balance uneven skin pigmentation. Micro-exfoliate dead cells. Balance uneven skin pigmentation. Gentle enough to be used on daily basis. This is a powder that you add water to and form a paste. I don't really detect any scent. I've been using this a few times a week and I really notice a difference. It really helps with those pesky nose blackheads.
- Oscar De La Renta Esprit d'Oscar Deluxe Sample (Full size retail $ 78) Floral-oriental fragrance which is a modern interpretation of Oscar de la Renta’s signature scent. Inspired by the chic and sophisticated women of today. Top Notes: Sicilian lemon, bergamot and citron. Middle notes: Egyptian jasmine, orange blossom and tuberose. Base notes: musk, heliotrope, tonka and vetiver. If the chic and sophisticated woman of today is your grandma than this scent is perfect. I found it way too floral and powdery for my tastes. The only real disappointment for me in my March box.
Saturday, March 31, 2012
March Sample Society
I can't believe March is almost over and I forgot to post about my Sample Society box! Sample Society is a monthly subscription service that is a partnership between Allure magazine and BeautyBar. For $15 a month you get five deluxe sized samples and a one year subscription to Allure. You also receive a $15 gift code towards the purchase of any of the brands in your box. It's nice that you have some flexiblility and don't have to buy the exact product. You can also use your gift code multiple times and it will stack with other codes. More on that later. The booklet also includes some tips on how to use the products. March was the first month. I believe subscriptions are closed right now but you may be able to get on a waiting list. It felt like mine took awhile to arrive. It was sent UPS Ground from the East Coast but I was able to track it.
First off, when they say deluxe samples, they mean deluxe samples unlike some other subscriptions. All of these samples you can get multiple uses out of so you can really test the products out.
Now on to the shopping! So I've used my $15 gift code twice. The first time I stacked it with another coupon to get $30 off. I bought the Fekkai Advanced Salon Technician Color Care Advanced Travel Faves and the Borghese Bella Vita Color Set (which I pretty much got for $9 after my codes). On the second round I gave in and bought the Ren mask. I really love it! BeautyBar offers free 2day shipping on orders over $39 and free samples with every order.
Normally, I don't get this excited about skincare products but I've really enjoyed all (except the perfume) products this month.