- AHAVA Essential Day Moisturizer - Normal to Dry Skin I used this moisturizer for a few days but even though it claims to sink right in making it safe to wear under makeup, my makeup definitely didn't last nearly as long as it does with my usual moisturizer. I've been using it before going to bed. I also wish it were unscented. I've also yet to be wowed by any moisturizer.
- Kusmi Tea Paris - I Love My Detox Tea Since I quit drinking coffee, I drink green tea every day. I enjoyed this tea but the lemongrass is just a touch too dominant for me to drink this every day. I actually love the "lifestyle" category of samples.
- Supergoop!Sunscreen Swipes I know some of you may faint when I say this but I don't wear sunscreen on a daily basis. I might see 15 minutes of sunlight on a good day and most of that time I'm in my car. Not only that but a couple of years ago my doctor told me I was severely Vitamin D deficient. So I try to get at least a few minutes of exposure a day so I don't have to take Vitamin D daily. Now if I know I'm going to be out in the sunlight for any length of time, no one is more vigilant about sunscreen. I burn and I burn quickly. I like these because I can throw these in my bag in case of unexpected sun exposure and be ready to go.
- Color Club Neon Nail Polish in Peace out Purple I know neon colors are all the rage this season. I'm just not a neon colors kind of girl. I might wear something this bright on my toenails but not on my fingernails. Wouldn't mind trading for Jackie-Oh! or Mrs. Robinson.
- Kérastase Elixir Ultime Can be used on wet or dry hair. I didn't notice much difference when I massaged it into my hair after washing it. I noticed a slight difference using it dry. It definitely helps tame some frizziness too. My hair is freshly colored so it's hard to tell if this is really adding any shine. I do love that sample has a tiny little pump dispenser. Genius! Not sold on the scent yet. I'm 50/50 on it.
- Harvey Prince Yogini - I'm in the market for a new fragrance so I'm actually seeking out perfume samples. This reminds of DKNY Pure which I've been testing for the last few weeks. I actually like it.
Saturday, March 24, 2012
My First Birchbox
After being on the waiting list about a month, I finally got my first Birchbox, Birchbox is considered to be the original monthly beauty sample service and by many it is considered the best. A monthly subscription is $10 a month. I received Box #19.
Overall, I'm pretty happy with my first box. I just wish shipping to the west coast didn't take FOREVER. I also love the reward points system on Birchbox. You get 1 point for every dollar you spend either in the store or for your subscription. You can also get 10 points for leaving feedback for the items in your box. It's really a quick and easy way to start racking up the points. I love that whatever is in your box is available for sale in their store. If you find a product you love, you don't have to scour the internet for it. I will definitely be keeping Birchbox for awhile.