- Keracolor Color Enhancing Leave In Treatment "This leave-in treatment is especially designed to enhance, protect, strengthen, and hydrate all hair types." You mix the two sides together and work into damp hair. They also claim this sample will be enough for 2-4 applications. I'm pretty sure I'd get one use out of it. I haven't tried this yet. Experimenting with skincare products is one thing. I'm not so sure I want to experiment with hair color treatments. If anyone has tried this, I'd like to know how it worked for you.
- Pur-lisse Pur-Protect SPF 30 Essential Daily Moisturizer " ... delivers reliable broad-spectrum UVA/UVB protection plus rich hydration, thanks to a couple of exclusive complexes, vitamin E, soy protein and calming antioxidant white tea. Skin is left calm and smooth." It's a moisturizer. I was neither wowed or disappointed by it. I did get about four uses out of this. I probably could have gotten five but I was tired of dealing with the foil packet.
- Murad Eye Lift Perfector "Increase your skin's firmness by 50% in as little as 15 minutes with this revolutionary product, which relies on exclusive firming and luminating complexes to address dark circles, both instantly and long-term. A subtle tint adds just the right amount of coverage. I tend to get dark circles. I used this once and didn't really notice a difference. I think I have enough left to give it another shot.
- MyGlam Classic Crease Brush & Case "Hand selected by Michelle from her recent trip to Hong Kong...Freshen up your spring makeup routine with this MyGlam exclusive classic crease brush and case." This seems rather large for a crease brush. It also seems like a lower quality than even my e.l.f brushes. At first I suspected the brush case as the culprit for the horrible smell. So I threw it in the trash can beside my desk. I'm not a pink kind of girl. I think the only other pink item I own is my MAC Brush Cleaner. So no big loss. I may give this brush a good wash and see how it holds up. Mine still smells and already looks a bit frayed.
- DermStore $25 Gift Card On purchases over $50. Not a gift card. A coupon code.
- 3Lab Perfect Cleansing Foam "Using only the highest-grade botanicals and state of the art technologies, 3LAB aims to perfect skin by firming, smoothing and evening the complexion." I tried this a few times. I liked the way my skin felt afterwards. I will have to use it more to see if it causes any issues with my skin. Do not get this anywhere near your eyes or it will sting! There are also several ingredients that are known pore clogging ingredients including the very first ingredient. So if your skin is prone to breaking out you may want to avoid this.
Saturday, March 17, 2012
MyGlam March Bag
March was second month for MyGlam and the end of their probationary period with me. I've been giving all my subscription services two months before I decide whether to cancel or continue. This month there were three standard samples and a mix of three items as deluxe sample. Those were the 3Lab cleanser, Pur-lisse Lip Comfort, and Murad Absolute Bronzing Boost. I would have preferred the Pur-lisse but anything is better than the bronzing boost for me.
I had heard online that some people received bags that stunk. I thought last month's bag was stinky so I was somewhat prepared when I opened my package or so I thought..The smell was strong and noxious and somewhere between moth balls and gasoline. Maybe gasoline soaked moth balls? All of the samples inside were tainted by the smell but the bag itself was the worst! I took all the samples out and filled a bag with baking soda and left it to air out. The next day my samples had aired out enough to handle them but the bag was still awful. I couldn't get within two feet of it without being hit by the fumes. More on that later. First the samples.
So back to the mystery toxic cloud. Let me start of by saying I don't have any respiratory issues nor am I overly sensitive to chemicals. But I could still sit at my desk and smell the brush holder. If I sat here too long I would start to get a headache. I finally took the trash out. My bag itself has been airing out since Monday when I unpacked it and it smells just as bad as it did when I first took it out of the bag. MyGlam's official response has been that is the glue used to construct the brushes. 1. That makes me not want to use the brush at all 2. It's my actual bag that still reeks after being out for five days. I'm not buying it. I've read about other ladies getting migraines from the smell or even those with respiratory issues needing breathing treatments. This is no exaggeration on how noxious this thing is. I couldn't get within two feet of my bag without being hit by the fumes for four days.
I was going to give MyGlam one more month because overall the samples in this month's bag are better than February's Bag even though there were no makeup samples. The longer it took my bag to air out, the more disenchanted I became. So I cancelled my account yesterday. I felt like a weight had been lifted from my shoulders. There just seems to be so much drama and disappointment surrounding this service. I hope in the future they improve on quality. Until then I have my Sample Society and Birchbox.