Saturday, January 5, 2013

In 2013 I Want To....

Well 2012 certainly went by fast and I can't really say I'm sad to see it go. I was really not healthy from late 2011 until late 2012. In 2012 I started my blog, had an organ removed, switched jobs, performed three different choreographies (one of which was a solo), and my closest friend moved to another state. So there was a lot going on and at times it felt out of control.

Now that I'm once again feeling well and like my old self it's time to get back on track. I hate to use the word resolution. I prefer making life changes. I don't plan to change my everything over night but I have a better vision of the path to get to where I want to be. I'm embracing the New Year with a positive outlook for sure. This year I want to:

  • Dance as much as possible. I'm already doing my best at this. I'm about to start another choreography workshop on Wednesday. Currently rehearsing two different dances and going to class as much as possible. So right now I'm pulling 3-5 hours of dance. I'd like to keep it around that level.
  • Get serious about cutting my spending and saving more. Doing pretty good at this as well. I've cut my beauty subs down to one (Sample Society and even that is on probation). I cancelled my DirecTV. When I looked at how much I was spending on TV yearly I was like "That's a trip home and a new costume!" I like TV but not that much. Besides it leaves me more time to take care of the other things on this list. My biggest problem right now is picking up take out.
  • Learn Arabic. Yep that's right. Learn Arabic. Just about everything I dance to is in Arabic. I'd like to be able to understand it. Granted I do my research and our teacher is great about explaining what the song is about and when it was written and all that but it's not the same. Besides learning is never a waste. My Mom sent me Your First 100 Words in Arabic from my Amazon wishlist last Christmas and I never got serious about studying. Now I'm devoting time every day to work on it. Right now I'm learning words for things from around the home so I have my flash cards taped up all over the house. Next week I think I'm going to advance to trying to remember what they are just based on the Arabic not the transliteration. Wish me luck! I'd also like to work in some tutoring.

  • Lose Weight. I'm sure this is on most lists. After my surgery I gained twenty pounds or so. That has to go! I need to start making a meal plan. I also plan on buying my own elliptical. If I spend money on something, I'll use it because I don't like to be wasteful. This will also remove the "but I don't wanna go to the gym" excuse. I'm thinking I might have to do something pretty drastic for me and that is get up earlier. I'm not a morning person but I have a day job. I still sleep as late as possible but I think I need to start working out in the morning. It's too easy for me to get stuck at the office or just be like "I'm too tired." in the evening. I adhere to my morning routine very strictly. So if I start slowly altering my morning routine to include working out, I believe I can be successful.

I know it's weird that "Blog More" isn't on my list.I never started this blog with the intention of gaining thousands of followers and quitting my day job. It's something I enjoy doing and I'm glad ya'll read it but if I'm going to be honest here, it's not one of my top priorities right now.  I'd like to get more organized about what posts I want to make and try to get more reviews and things done. I do plan on working a new camera into the budget somewhere as well. Mine is seriously ready to put out to pasture. Oh and I'm putting together stuff for my blog's one year birthday which is coming up very soon.  

What are your goals for 2013?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...