Saturday, January 19, 2013

January Sample Society

Normally I don't look at any spoilers for Sample Society but now that there are different box variations, I decided to peek this month. One of the things I used to love about Sample Society was that everyone got the same contents. This month I got Kit C. I was a little bummed about it. I was hoping for the box with the Snowberry Day & Night creams. So when I got my box I wasn't really all that jazzed about it. 

Sample Society January 2013

  • Sue Devitt Lip Enhancing Gloss in Coral Sands Full Size .15 oz (Retail $22) Fine lines and wrinkles are smoothed out as collagen production picks up the pace. This gloss is formulated to leave lips hydrated, with a flattering shine and sheer wash of color. This gloss is definitely moisturizing and very glossy. It has a good texture and is fairly long lasting. The color is actually pretty flattering on me.
  • Nicole Richie Fragrance Eau de Parfum Perfume Vial (Full Size Retail 3.4 oz $69) Blackberry, Seville Orange, Moroccan Rose, Lily of the Valley, Golden Amber, Papyrus, Cashmere Woods, Australian Sandalwood, Sugared Patchouli, Vanilla Absolute. I don't hate this perfume but I don't love it either. I like it better than some of the other perfumes I've gotten in previous boxes but I don't think I'll be wearing it.
  • By Terry Clarte De Rose Firming Radiant-Lift Eye Serum  Deluxe Sample 4 ml (Full Size Retail 15ml $81)  Combat fine lines and puffiness with 46 potent ingredients, including black rose concentrate and extra-smooth rose bio-cells. Minimize and erase signs of fatigue. I don't mind eye creams because I'm still on the search for my HG eye cream. I also noticed I'm starting to get some very fine lines in the eye area. I haven't been using this long enough to see any improvement. I might be able to get a few more uses out of the tube.
  • StriVectin SD Instant Retexturizing Scrub Deluxe Sample 1 oz (Full Size Retail 5 fl oz. $49)  This effective exfoliator removes dry skin cells, smooths rough areas and improves skin texture and tone to promote skin health and luminosity. Polishes and primes skin for optimal performance of treatment products. Free of parabens, synthetic fragrances, synthetic dyes, petrochemicals. I love StriVectin products but since I got my Clarisonic I don't really use scrubs and the like for exfoliation  It works well enough though.
  • Lord & Berry Silk Kajal Eye Pencil in Black Full Size? (Retail Value $15) Just like the traditional Kohl, but with modern ease and control of a pencil. Giving a semi-matte finish that is also smudgeable, SILK KAJAL KOHL's soft tip is ophthalmologically-tested and gentle enough to be used on the inner eye. Suitable for the most sensitive eyes, extremely comfortable. I couldn't find a description of the full size version to know if this truly full size. If it's not, it's darn close. I'm actually excited about this even though it's another black eyeliner. I don't have a kohl liner. There's a look in Making Faces where Kevyn Aucion used kohl and I'd like to try to duplicate it.
  • Pantene AgeDefy Advanced Thickening Treatment bonus item 50ml Thickens existing hair, so it's as if you have up to 6.500 more hair strands.  I believe this was an Allure beauty breakthrough for the year. I naturally have lots of thick hair (don't hate my nails don't grow well see everything has a balance) and spend a hefty chunk of change getting it layered so it doesn't weigh me down and cause headaches. So this is going straight to my trade pile. I appreciate the extra item though.
This box was a little hit and miss for me I like the gloss and eyeliner and two of the items I'll try to trade. I'm indifferent about the StriVectin. I still think that Sample Society is a great sub service though. You actually get samples large enough to test a product. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...