Thursday, April 5, 2012

Review: Lorac Bejewelled Lipgloss Set

I picked this set up for 50% off when Gifting Grace was liquidating their inventory. This was my first purchase of anything from Lorac. I've heard alright things about them so I thought I'd check it out.


From the Lorac site:
Live the diamond life with LORAC's Bejeweled Lip Gloss Collection! These luxurious glosses are infused with antioxidants to help nourish and protect, while the natural emollients soothe and moisturize your lips. The bejeweled diamond wand, with its sparkly finish and custom pro-brush, hugs the curves of your lips for gorgeous, ultra-rich color and super high shine.
Receive 6 FULL SIZE Glosses for not much more than the price of one gloss! VALUED at $132!!


These are .11oz. each. Typical Lorac glosses are .17oz and retail for $22 each.


The colors are Red Ruby, Peach Moonlight, Bronzed Topaz, Hot Pink Sapphire, Rich Garnet, and Pink Diamond. I like the packaging. I'm a sucker for a little bit (or a lot) of bling. The glosses have a small brush instead of a doe foot. I find the application a bit uneven with the brush. The formula is a bit sticky. These also are vanilla scented. I'm not a fan of scented cosmetics. I'm even less of a fan of vanilla in anything other than food. These all have a sparkly glittery finish.
Lorac Bejewelled Lipglosses Swatched
L to R: 
Red Ruby, Peach Moonlight, Bronzed Topaz, Hot Pink Sapphire, Rich Garnet, and Pink Diamond.
Red Ruby is not as pigmented as I would like. I found that it didn't wear that long either. Peach Moonlight is a nice neutral gloss. I've only swatched Bronze Topaz,  Hot Pink Sapphire and Pink Diamond. Hot Pink Sapphire and Pink Diamond were very sheer. Pink Diamond is a very very sheer iridescent shimmer.These would probably work best if layered over a lipstick. Rich Garnet (while being nothing close to garnet) is my favorite of the lot.  It's a nice berry color and I seem to get the longest wear out of this one. I keep this one in my purse actually. I'm pretty disappointed in all the others except maybe Peach Moonlight. I'm just not a fan of sticky or scented lip glosses. If I had paid full price for this I would be even more disappointed.

Bat's Rating: 6. Sticky and scented. Rich Garnet is the only saving grace.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...