Thursday, April 26, 2012

What's in My Travel Bag?

I just got back from a four day/three night business trip to Burbank, CA. My makeup collection and skincare routine have changed drastically since I last traveled for business in September. I decided that I didn't want to deal with the hassle of checking my luggage so this was all in my carry on luggage. It was really difficult for me to decide what would stay and what would go and I was really trying to pack light.

Makeup Remover Wipes, 3-1-1 Liquids Bag, Cosmetics Bag

The makeup remover wipes and my cosmetic bag were in my carry on suitcase and I wasn't required to pull them out for inspection.  I was able to fit a lot of products in my one quart sized bag for liquids.  I also took a full sized bottle of contact solution which doesn't count as part of your liquids. So don't waste valuable real estate in your liquids bag on those small bottles of contact solution. In the US this is considered a medication, you have to pull it out to be scanned with the rest of your liquids but it doesn't have to be 3oz. When I left Vegas, they pulled me aside and did an additional scan on my contact solution to confirm it wasn't anything dangerous. When I went through security at Burbank, they didn't care. 

Contents of my 3-1-1 liquids bag
I got all of this in my bag of liquids and had a little bit of room to spare. Oh thank you subscription services! 
  • Crest Toothpaste
  • UD Lip Junkie Lip Gloss in Wallflower (free w/purchase)
  • NYX Xtreme Lip Cream in Buttery Nude reviewed here
  • Lorac Lip Gloss in Rich Garnet reviewed here
  • Maybelline Dream Lumi Concealer in Ivory
  • Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Mascara in Extreme Black (free w/purchase)
  • Kerastase Elixir hair serum (Birchbox)
  • UD Primer Potion in Original 
  • Lancome Teint Miracle Foundation in Buff 4C (free sample from Ulta)
  • Harvey Prince Yogini Perfume (Birchbox)
  • Inglot YSM Foundation in 41  (free w/purchase)
  • Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer (free sample from Ulta)
  • Regenepure DR Shampoo (My scalp is super sensitive so no using the hotel shampoo for me)
  • Regenpure NT Conditioner
  • Boscia Cleansing Gel (Sample Society)
  • Mac Fix+
  • Ahava Essential Day Moisturizer (Birchbox)
  • Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Liner in Charcoal 
Cosmetics bag contents
  • UD 24/7 Eyeliner in Whiskey
  • UD 24/7 Eyeliner in Peversion
  • Almay brown eyeliner (I use this to dip in my gel liner to apply to the waterline)
  • My Inglot Neutral palette ( #353, 341, 337)
  • My Inglot Smokey eye palette (# 324M, AMC #36, 387M, 348M, 391)
  • Milani Baked Blush Luminoso
  • Dermalogica Microfoliant (Sample Society)
  • MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Light
  • Cover Girl Powder Natural Ivory
  • compact mirror

Travel Tools
This case is the one the e.l.f. 11 piece Studio Set comes in. I like it because it's super flat and fits easily in a suitcase.
  • Estee Lauder Powder Brush
  • e.l.f. Powder Brush
  • e.l.f.. Blush Brush
  • e.l.f Fan Brush
  • e.l.f Mineral Concealer Brush (free w/purchase)
  • MAC 217
  • MAC 239SE
  • e.l.f. Contour Brush
  • MAC 219SE
  • e.l.f Small Smudge Brush
  • Sonia Kashuk Blending Sponge

So that's pretty much what I can't leave home without for a few days. I could do a nice neutral day look or a dramatic smokey eye for evening. What can't you leave home without?

2 comments:

  1. I want to try a blending sponge or beauty blender! Great post!

    Frances
    hellofrances.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the Sonia Kashuk one but I hear the Beauty Blender is better. I'm saving up my Birchbox points. ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...