- Color Club Summer Pastels in Blue Ming Deluxe Sample (Full Size Retail $8) I'm just not that into nail polish or nail art. Don't get me wrong. I admire those of you that have the patience and steady hands to do amazing nail art but I just don't go crazy for nail polish. This color is not one that I'd ever really consider wearing unfortunately. I have it up for trade.
- Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner in Black Full Size (Full Size Retail $15) The precision pen tip allows you to control the thickness of the line you create and vary the intensity of your look. Plus, the fade-proof formula will hold up all day and night. I'm so thankful I got this color in black. The olive does not appeal to me at all. I never thought that I'd be good at applying winged eyeliner or that it would look good on me. The Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner has prove me wrong on both counts. I loved this! It applied easily and was long lasting. I have a performance coming up in September where we are performing a piece from the 1940s. This will definitely help me get that 40's look down. I'd be interested in getting my hands on the purple version of this that a few people received.
- Harvey Prince Hello Perfume vial (Full Size Retail $55 50ml) Made with eco-friendly ingredients, this scent has all-day staying power. A top note of Meyer lemon captures the scent of fresh-squeezed lemonade, while Satsuma mandarin adds a double fruity note. Next up, summer forsythia and pink plumeria—traditionally found in Hawaiian leis—give the scent its heady floral layer. I really like Harvey Prince perfumes. I wound up purchasing the full size Yogini from my first Birchbox. Hello reminds me faintly of Flowerbomb but isn't quite as floral which to me is a good thing. I like Hello and will use up this sample but I don't know that I will purchase.
- Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint in Pearl (Full Size Retail $38 1.7 oz) The formula has light-diffusing minerals, which give skin a soft glow and also smooth over any fine lines. Antioxidants like ginseng and gingko biloba leaf extract help improve skin, and SPF 20 wards off UVA and UVB rays. I also received this in my Sample Society box this month. The Sample Society was twice as big but in a color too dark for me. Pearl is the lightest color they carry. There was something about the color that still doesn't suit me. I think it is still too yellow. I thought it was a bit too shiny for my liking as well. I may be spoiled by BBs but I wanted more coverage from this.
- Larabar uber Bananas Foster (Full size retail $12.69 qty 5). I love Larabars! I have an Apple Pie bar nearly every day. I also really love Blueberry Muffin and Ginger Snap. Larabars are made from actual food ingredients. All are gluten free. Most are also soy and dairy free. I received Bananas Foster and I have to say it wasn't my favorite flavor but I'm still a big fan of the brand overall.
- Birchbox Earbuds Lifestyle Extra not for sale. I haven't used these yet but I'm glad to have a spare pair of earbuds. This was an unexpected addition and I think these lifestyle extras really set Birchbox apart from other subscription services.
Wednesday, July 18, 2012
So I didn't blog about my May or June Birchboxes because they just were kind of "meh." I was actually thinking of cancelling my Birchbox. I was really worried for this month's box as well because there were many samples that I've already gotten from Sample Society that I wasn't really interested in. Thankfully, I got box #12 and there is only one Sample Society repeat.