Thursday, February 23, 2012

Review: Cover Girl Exact EyeLights Mascara

I picked up this Cover Girl Exact EyeLights Mascara for Blue Eyes in Black Sapphire (730) awhile back. I've been wearing it over the last week since I finally used up all of my Maybelline Define-A-Lash and I'm trying to work through some stuff in my collection.

Cover Girl claims:
"Get 4x brighter eyes* with Exact Eyelights Eye-Brightening Mascara! Light-reflecting metallics and a hint of tint bring out your blues, browns, hazels, and greens, while our patented, no-clump brush helps define lashes."


I certainly didn't notice any brightening effects. I also felt like I needed to use more product than I would like to see any results at all. For my everyday mascara, I want to just swipe and go.  I really had to work this product to see any color. It did clump a little. I do like the size and shape of the wand.






I don't know if my tube had been in the store for awhile or what but I found this mascara to flake as well. The last thing I want to see are little black flakes all under my eyes. If I still had the receipt I would have taken it back to CVS.


Bat's Rating: 4.5 It does give some color to the lashes. Very Minimal lengthening. Flakes off.  

I had cut myself off from buying any makeup after my last Ulta haul but I declared a mascara emergency and had to stop by CVS to get a new tube of Define-A-Lash. The only other mascara I have right now is the Maybelline Falsies and that's a bit more drama than I want to wear to the office.  Luckily I exercised EXTREME self control in the face of a buy one get one 50% off sale and only bought the mascara I needed. It was very difficult. whew.

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog:)

    Following you:)
    It would be so nice, if you follow me back:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...