Monday, February 6, 2012

Tinted Moisturizer

Since I've been recuperating, I haven't wanted to bother with putting my full face on.  If you're on the go or just not used to wearing a lot of makeup, give a tinted moisturizer a try.



All you need is a tinted moisturizer you like and a tinted lip balm or lip gloss and you are set! You will look more polished without looking too "made up".  It also doesn't require much effort. I know for us desert dwelling women, moisturizer and lip balm are a daily must have! So you're really not adding anything to your daily routine.

In addition to a lip gloss or a lip balm you can add some blush or mascara but this is completely optional. I add a little blush because I'm so pale. It's nice to get a little color back in the cheeks. If you have combination or oily skin you may want to apply powder to the T zone area.

I have my favorite tinted moisturizer but I'm always on the look out for a new one.My favorite is the MAC Studio Tint.  I also tried the e.l.f Studio Tinted Moisturizer and the Cover Girl Aqua Smoothers Tinted Moisturizer.

 

Cover Girl Aqua Smoothers Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 ($6-8) In Fair to Light is extremely sheer. It works OK as a moisturizer but did not have nearly the pigmentation or the coverage I expect from a tinted moisturizer. The texture was that of a thin liquid. Bat's Rating: 4 (only because it does actually moisturize)

e.l.f Studio Tinted Moisturizer  SPF 20 ($3) In Porcelain Works well as a moisturizer. The coverage was fairly good. If your skin is pretty even toned this may work for you.  The color of this was too dark and too yellow for me. The texture is similar to a foundation but it wears very light.  Bat's Rating: 6.5


 MAC Studio Tint  SPF 15 ($30) In  Light  Works well as a moisturizer. Full coverage without feeling heavy on the skin. Texture is similar to the e.l.f.. It's firm but it applies easily.  It is the most expensive but this is one of those times, I feel you get what you pay for. One tube goes a long way as well.  Bat's Rating: 9


MAC Studio Tint, e.l.f Studio Tint, and CG Aqua Smoothers is the shiny line to right of the e.l.f

You can see in the above picture just how sheer the Cover Girl is. No coverage at all. It was a big disappointment.. Here I am with the MAC Studio Tint and Estee Lauder Lip Gloss in Berry.

Trying not to sneeze!


The day I shot this video I picked up Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Hibiscus for $7. I love it! If you're a fan of Burt's Bees you'll like this product. It glides on smoothly and doesn't feel heavy or sticky on the lips. It lasts about two hours. 










3 comments:

  1. Great type!!!! Thenks!!

    http://goldengrasszn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can not imagine myself wearing a tinted moisturizer..don't think it's for me ha I love full coverage foundations :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually go for a full coverage foundation but I grab the tinted moisturizer on days that I'm feeling lazy but don't want to go out totally nautral.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...